RECIPE: Snowman Bath Fizzies
These adorable snowmen will make the perfect stocking stuffer, a great teacher or hostess gift or a nice addition to a holiday gift basket!
Project Level: Moderate
Estimated Time: 1 Hour
Yield: 12 bath fizzies, (6 snowmen)
INCI Ingredient Label: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Fragrance, Propylene Glycol, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Myristate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Triethanolamine, Water, Iron Oxides, Orange 4, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, EDTA, Benzophenone 4.
- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron and covering work area to help with clean up.
- Separate the bath bomb molds in 12 sets and set on a cookie sheet so they are ready to use. You will see how one side is slightly different.
- Measure 1 lb. of baking soda and ½ lb. of citric acid. Add to large mixing bowl and blend with a wire whisk. If there are any clumps, a sifter can be used to break these up. If desired, use gloved hands to mix ingredients.
- Place a beaker on a scale and tare the scale to zero. Pour the Sparkling Snowflake FO into beaker until scale reads 1 ounce.
- Using a plastic dropper, add the 1 oz. of fragrance oil by drizzling into different locations of the mixture. Do not pour all of fragrance into one location in the bowl. Mix fragrance well into mixture.
- Once mixture is thoroughly mixed, pack both sides of mold tightly with product. Add enough so the tops are mounded over.
- With one mold in each hand, quickly push them together and twist back and forth a few times to remove excess product from around the edges. At this point, you can unmold the top side and brush away any remaining mixture on the lip of the mold.
- If mixture does not stick together, make sure mold edges are free of product and then press together again so sides will stick together. You may need to add more mixture to the middle of the mold, then place together again.
- These need to be pressed together very firmly. Add a little more fizzy mixture to help them stick together or you can also try spritzing the top of mixture with a little rubbing alcohol and then try pressing molds together again.
- Let bath fizzy sit on a cookie sheet to dry completely, which may take over 24 hours. Then unmold them.
- To add face and buttons, place the Black Matte sample cube into a small glass bowl and heat in the microwave in 5 second intervals until completely melted.
- Take one bath bomb and paint eyes and a mouth on it.
- Then take another bath bomb and draw three buttons on it.
- Repeat till all bath bombs are painted into pairs.
- For carrot nose, place the Stained Glass Citrus Orange sample cube into a small glass bowl and heat in microwave in 5 second intervals till melted.
- With a clean brush, paint a carrot nose on the snowman face.
- Allow 24 hours for paint to dry. Or longer if needed.
- To package, place a top and bottom of the snowman into a cello bag. Tie with red curling ribbon and add label.
Wholesale Supplies Plus is not responsible for the products you create
from our supplies. You alone are responsible for product and recipe
testing to ensure compatibility and safety.