- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Weigh 1 lb. of Detergent Free Shea Butter Soap and cut up into chunks. Place chunks in a microwave safe bowl and heat in microwave until soap has completely melted.
- In a small container, mix 1 Tablespoon of Glycerin with the 1/2 tsp. Fairytale Pink Mica and mix well.
- Add this color mixture to the melted soap and blend in.
- Add 5 ml of Pink Peony Petals Fragrance Oil and stir.
- Pour a very thin layer of melted soap into the bottom of a jelly roll pan. Pour enough just to cover the bottom of pan. The layer should be thin so the petals can be one-time use soaps.
- Spritz with rubbing alcohol and let soap harden.
- When soap has hardened, start at one end and carefully peel up the soap. It should come out in one big piece.
- Lay the soap on a flat surface and begin to cut out the petals using the 2nd largest cutter from the pack.
- Once you have cut out all the petals, take the remaining piece of soap and place back into the original container of soap. Place this back into the microwave and reheat.
- Pour another thin layer of soap into the jelly roll pan and let harden.
- Cut out another tray of soap petals and set aside.
- Depending on how thin the layers are poured, you should get about 3 pans of petals from the 1 lb. of soap.
- From our recipe, we made approxmately 235 petals. We packaged 9 in an organza bag and made 26 sets of petals.
- If selling, be sure to label accordingly.