RECIPE: Sparkling Champagne Loaf Soap
This glitter soap is perfect for a New Year's celebration, wedding or anytime you need something for a special occasion.
Project Level: Moderate
Estimated Time: 1 Hour
Yield: 44 oz or 8-1 inch bars
INCI Ingredient Label: Propylene Glycol, Sorbitol, Water, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Laurate, Glycerin, Triethanolamine, Fragrance, Polyethylene Terephthalate Copolymer, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides
- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Place loaf mold on cookie sheet. This will give stability to mold so it can be moved easily.
- Weigh 6 oz. of clear soap base. Cut into chunks and place in glass measuring cup.
- Heat in microwave for about 30 seconds. Take out and stir soap. If any chunks remain, place in microwave for 10 second intervals until melted.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of gold mica powder to soap and stir well. Pour soap into bottom of loaf mold.
- Let soap completely set up. This will be made into gold curls for the middle and top of loaf.
- Remove soap from mold. Using the "slices" side of a cheese grater, grate the soap into curls. Continue until all 6 oz. of soap is grated.
- In small glass container, mix 2 Tablespoons (30ml) of fragrance oil with 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) Vanilla Color Stabilizer. Set aside.
- Weigh 6 oz. of clear soap base and cut into chunks. Place in glass measuring cup and heat in microwave until melted. Remove and stir to be sure all soap has melted.
- Add 5 ml or 1 teaspoon of fragrance oil mixture to soap and gently stir.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of glitter. Mix well. Pour into loaf mold and let set up.
- Weigh 2 oz. of clear soap and melt in microwave. Add 1/4 teaspoon of gold mica powder. Stir well.
- Spritz the top of the clear glitter soap in loaf mold generously with alcohol. This will help the soap layers stick together after unmolding.
- Pour the gold soap over the first layer. Spritz top with alcohol to release any surface air bubbles.
- Weigh 25 oz. of white soap base. Cut into chunks and place in large glass measuring cup.
- Place in microwave and heat until soap is completely melted. Remove and stir to be sure all soap has melted.
- Add 22 ml of fragrance and gently stir.
- Spritz the top of soap in mold with alcohol. When soap temperature has reached 125° or below, pour white soap over thin gold layer.
- Sprinkle in gold soap curls that were made at beginning of recipe. Fill soap with as many curls as will fit, gently pushing down with a spoon. (Leave some gold curls for top of soap). When finished, spritz top of soap with alcohol. Let soap set up.
- Once soap has completely hardened, weigh and cut up 6 oz. of clear soap base. Heat in microwave until melted.
- Add 5 ml or 1 teaspoon of fragrance oil along with 1 Tablespoon of super sparkle glitter.
- Spritz top of soap with alcohol. Pour clear glitter soap over top. Sprinkle remaining gold curls over soap.
- If any soap remains from top layer of clear/glitter, remelt and drizzle this over the gold curls. This will set them in place and add a little more glitter to top of soap.
- Once soap has completely hardened, gently remove soap from mold. Using mitre box, if available, slice soap into 1 inch slices. Otherwise, cut soap into slices with soap cutter or very dull knife.
- Wrap soap and label accordingly.
Wholesale Supplies Plus is not responsible for the products you create
from our supplies. You alone are responsible for product and recipe
testing to ensure compatibility and safety.