RECIPE: Creepy Eyeball Soaps
These creepy eyeballs will make great party favors or a fun addition to your Halloween product line.
Project Level: Moderate
Estimated Time: 2 Hours
Yield: 24 - 4 oz. Bars
INCI Ingredient Label: Propylene Glycol, Sorbitol, Water, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Myristate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Glycerin, Titanium Dioxide, Benzophenone-4, Triethanolamine, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Green 8, Blue 1, Polyester-3, Red 28, Iron Oxides
- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Place bottom half of 2-piece mold on a cookie sheet. This will give the mold stability if it needs to be moved.
- In a plastic beaker, melt 1.5 oz. of clear soap. This should only take about 30 seconds.
- Cut the black soap color cube into 4 parts. Place one of the pieces into the clear melted soap. Stir until color is completely melted. Place in microwave for about 10-15 seconds if color is not dissolved entirely.
- Pour about a 1 inch circle into the bottom of each round soap cavity. Let the soap harden.
- Weigh 4 oz. of clear soap and cut into chunks. Place in glass measuring cup. Heat in microwave until soap has completely melted.
- Cut the Stained Glass Lemon Lime Soap cube into 4 parts. Place one part into the clear soap and stir until the color has completely dissolved. If a deeper shade is desired, add a small amount at a time until this color is achieved.
- Before pouring this color, the soap temperature must be checked. Once the temperature is at or below 125°F, it can be poured.
- Spritz the black soap in the cavities with rubbing alcohol. This will help each soap layer stick together. Then, pour the lemon lime soap over the black until there is about a 1 3/4 inch circle of color.
- Spritz top of soaps again with alcohol and let soap harden
- For the final layer, cut up the entire 2 lb. tray of white soap. Place soap in a large glass measuring cup and heat in microwave until all soap is completely melted. Remove and stir to make sure soap has melted.
- Add 1 oz. of Dragon's Blood fragrance oil and stir until blended in.
- Check that soap temperature is at or below 125°F before pouring. If soap is too hot, the color that was previously poured will bleed into the white layer.
- Spritz colored soap generously with rubbing alcohol. Pour soap to just below the top of the cavity. Spritz with alcohol and let soap set up.
- Spritz top of white soap generously with alcohol. Place the top of the silicone mold over the bottom and make sure the top and bottom are securely fastened.
- Slightly reheat the remaining white soap if necessary and pour soap into the top of the mold cavitiy. Spritz with alcohol to remove any surface bubbles. Let all soaps completely harden.
- NOTE: To prevent leaking into the other cavities, make sure soap is as cool as possible before pouring.
- When soaps have completely hardened, carefully remove from mold. Trim the small piece off the tops, if necessary, so the eyeballs are completely round.
- Repeat above steps to make the other colored eyeballs. Care should be taken when using the Neon Tutti Frutti color bar. DO NOT PUT THIS COLOR IN THE MICROWAVE. Cut small pieces of this cube and stir into the hot soap.
- Packaging Suggestion: Use Crystal Clear Cello Bags, hot pink crinkle paper and matching curling ribbons.
Wholesale Supplies Plus is not responsible for the products you create
from our supplies. You alone are responsible for product and recipe
testing to ensure compatibility and safety.