- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- EMBED PAPER CAN ONLY BE USED WITH LASER PRINTERS. When using embed paper in soap, the paper remains intact until soap is used to point of embed. At that time, paper dissolves in water.
- Here is link to the template for the embed paper: http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/PDFs/Labels/Sports-Embed-Template.pdf
- Using a laser printer, print the volleyball, soccer and basketballs on the embed paper and cut out to fit into each soap cavity.
- Weigh 6 oz. of clear soap. Cut into chunks and place in glass measuring cup.
- Heat in microwave until soap has melted. Do not add fragrance as this may cloud soap.
- Pour a small amount, just enough to cover the cavity, into the round soap mold. Spritz with alcohol, and place the embed paper face down in the cavity. You will see the paper absorbing the soap. Do not press down too far into the bottom of the cavity. Spritz again with alcohol.
- Repeat until all cavities are filled. Allow to harden.
- Weight 6 oz. of white soap and cut into chunks. Place in glass measuring cup and heat in microwave until melted.
- Add 3.5 ml. of fragrance oil and mix into melted soap. Check soap temperature so it is no hotter than 125°F.
- Spritz the cavities with alcohol and pour the white soap equally between all 6 cavities. Once poured, spritz with alcohol to release any surface bubbles. Allow to harden.
- Weigh 6 oz. of clear soap. Heat in microwave until melted. Add 3.5 ml. of fragrance oil. (You will repeat this step for each color.)
- To color the soap, we used approximately 1/8 of a color bar cube cut into small pieces. Add the cut up color bar to the melted soap and stir until dissolved.
- If some color remains unmelted, place in microwave for 10-15 second increments until color has completely blending into soap.
- Check soap temperature so it is at or below 125°F. Spritz top of soap cavity with alcohol, and pour colored soap into 2 cavities until it reaches the top of the cavity.
- Spritz with alcohol to release any surface bubbles.
- Repeat steps 11-15 with other colors until all cavities are filled. Allow to harden.
- Once soap has hardened, remove from mold. Wrap soap with airtight packaging and label accordingly.