- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Place star silicone column mold on cookie sheet. This will help keep mold steady if it needs to be moved. Be sure all sides are completely locked together to avoid any leaking.
- Cut up 7 oz. of clear soap and place in glass pyrex cup. Heat in microwave until soap has melted.
- Add 1/2 of the gold mica color bar. Mix in well. If color does not completely dissolve, heat in microwave in short 15 second spurts until color dissolves.
- Pour soap into star column mold and let set up at room temperature.
- Place the loaf mold on a cookie sheet.
- Cut up 8 oz. clear soap and place in glass pyrex cup. Heat in microwave until soap has melted.
- Add the other half of the gold mica cube to soap and mix well. Pour into loaf mold and spritz top with alcohol. This will be used to make the curls for the bottom layer.
- Let soap set up.
- Once soap has hardened in star mold, carefully remove soap from mold and set aside. Trim any excess soap from sides of star with a soap cutter or vegetable peeler.
- Remove gold soap from the bottom of the loaf mold. Using a soap cutter, slice very thin strips of soap which will curl as you slice them. It is fine if they are not all the same width. Set curls aside when finished.
- Again, place loaf mold on cookie sheet. Cut up 16 oz. of white soap. Place in glass pyrex cup and heat in microwave until soap has melted.
- Add 15ml or 1 tablespoon of fragrance. Blend well.
- Check temperature of melted white soap so it is not higher than 125 degrees. Pour soap into loaf mold.
- Take gold soap curls and place into soap. The more curls you use the better you will see them in the sliced soap. You may have some curls left over which you can save for another project.
- Let soap harden.
- Cut up 24 oz. of clear soap and place in glass pyrex cup. Heat in microwave until melted.
- Add 1/2 of the woodland green soap color cube. Mix well.
- Using plastic dropper, add 21ml of fragrance and gently mix in.
- Check temperature of green soap so it is not higher than 125 degrees. Spritz top of white soap well with rubbing alcohol. Pour soap over white layer, leaving about 1/2"-3/4" remaining. Let harden.
- Once soap has hardened, spritz top of soap with alcohol. Pour thin layer of melted green soap into mold.
- Take the gold star and spritz all sides well with alcohol. Place star into melted green soap in the middle of the mold.
- Spritz again and pour remaining soap into loaf until you reach the top. Spritz one last time with alcohol.
- Remove soap from mold when completely hardened. Using wavy soap cutter and mitre box, cut loaf into slices.
- Wrap soap and label accordingly.