RECIPE: Summer Shimmer Lotion
This lighter lotion base is perfect for summer The gold mica powder will create a light shimmer on your summer skin or will brighten up your skin during the dull winter months.
Project Level: Easy
Estimated Time: 1 Hour
Yield: 28 - 4 oz. bottles
INCI Ingredient Label: Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Proysorbate-60, Stearyl Alcohol, Sunflower Oil, Fragrance, Allantoin, Propylene Glycol, Isopropyl Palmitate, Petrolatum, Mica (and) Titanium Dioxide (and) Iron Oxides, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT, Disodium EDTA, Carbomer, Benzophenone-4, Stearic Acid.
- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- In a large glass measuring cup, pour out 32 oz. of the Basic Lotion.
- Place in microwave and heat for about 1-2 minutes, taking out after 1 minute to stir. Product should thin out and become pourable, but DO NOT BOIL.
- To the thinned out lotion, add 4 teaspoons or 20 ml of fragrance oil. Stir gently to incorporate.
- Add 2 teaspoons of the Sparkle 24 K Gold Mica Powder and stir until completely blended in.
- Pour into 7 lotion bottles. If lotion has thickened, place back in microwave for about 1 minute. Or, you can use a pastry bag to fill bottles. Product does not have to be thinned if using this.
- Continue with another 32 ounces of lotion and follow above steps.
- If using a pastry bag to fill bottles, a larger amount of lotion can be made at a time. If heating and thinning product, it is easier to make smaller batches for ease of pouring into bottles.
- Continue until desired amount of lotion has been made. Let lotion completely cool.
- Once all lotion has cooled, caps can be placed on bottles. Placing caps on warm lotion will result in condensation forming inside bottles.
- Label product accordingly.
Wholesale Supplies Plus is not responsible for the products you create
from our supplies. You alone are responsible for product and recipe
testing to ensure compatibility and safety.