RECIPE: Sweet Lily Layered CP Loaf Soap
This is a fun and cheery sweet and floral bar. The loaf contains 3 layers of colors and is topped off with some pretty rose buds. A romantic look, great for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, and Weddings. In this bar we have blended a little sweet and a bit of floral together to make a creamy flowery scented soap that screams spring!
Project Level: Advanced – Danger Chemicals
Estimated Time: 1 Hour
Yield: (8) - 5 oz. Bars
INCI Ingredient Label: Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Water, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Fragrance, Rosa Centrifolia Flower, Chromium Oxide, Ultramarines, Bis(Glycidoxyphenyl)propane/Bisaminomethylnorbornane copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Red 28, Red 22.
- NOTE: This project and these instructions have been written for someone who has experience making soap and knows the potential dangers due to working with sodium hydroxide. It will not outline safety methods of working with dangerous chemicals, it is simply a soap recipe for advanced soapmakers.
- Put on your protective gear. This is very important since you will be working with an extremely caustic base that can and will burn you if you touch it. Noxious fumes are also released from the exothermic reaction that occurs when you mix the sodium hydroxide with water.
- Wear a face mask or leave the vicinity quickly after stirring the sodium hydroxide into the water. If you get any lye on your skin just wash it off quickly with copious amounts of cool water.
- Prepare the lye solution by weighing the water and lye in two separate containers. Pour the lye into the water, carefully mix in a well-ventilated area and set aside to cool while you prepare your oils.
- Melt the Coconut Oil - 76° Melt and Palm Oil in a double boiler or microwave until completely melted.
- Add Avocado and Olive Oil and stir.
- Once the lye and oils have cooled down to under 110° F, pour lye into the liquid oils/butters and hand stir for a minute.
- Add fragrance.
- With stick blender, blend with small bursts and stirring until it is emulsified to a light trace.
- Place one color into the 3 containers. Add a few drops of distilled water to the green and purple color cups and use a mini whisk to break up color (water soluble). To the Neon Pretty in Pink, add a few drops of olive oil to break up the color (oil soluble). This will help with blending.
- Next split the soap batter into the 3 containers with the colors.
- Blend first layer until it comes to a thick trace.
- Pour into silicone loaf mold and gently tap down.
- Now with clean stick blender, blend the next color of soap until it reaches full trace.
- Slowly pour over top of the next layer. Give a few gentle taps on a counter with a good grip on the mold.
- Repeat last layer of soap making sure to pour slowly over next layer and tap gently on counter.
- Top with rose petals. Let sit for 24-48 hours in mold.
- Take soap out of mold and slice into bars. Lay soap on side when cutting. (Cutting straight down on rose petals will make scratch marks all down the soap.) You can put loaf in freezer for 45 min. to help pop out the loaf from the mold. Let cure 4-6 weeks.
- Use shrink wrap and decorative ribbon, festive paper, cigar bands or boxes to wrap your bars.
- Label your soap accordingly.
Wholesale Supplies Plus is not responsible for the products you create
from our supplies. You alone are responsible for product and recipe
testing to ensure compatibility and safety.