- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Set silicone mold on a cookie sheet for stability. This will also allow for an easier clean up.
- Measure the baking soda, citric acid and clay. Pour ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix well with a wire whisk. If you find there are a lot of clumps, using a sifter will allow you to break them up better.
- Measure 1 oz. of fragrance into a plastic beaker. Drizzle into different locations of the mixture. Do not pour all of fragrance into one location of the bowl.
- Measure out evenly and separate mixture into 5 different bowls - approx. 10 oz. in each bowl.
- Using measuring spoons, add a scant 1/4 teaspoon of one color into first bowl. Repeat using a different color and add to the next bowl. Continue until each bowl has a color added to it.
- Take one bowl and stir color into mixture with a wire whisk. Try to break up any clumps you might find.
- We recommend using gloves for the next step.
- Taking a spray bottle filled with rubbing alcohol, begin to spritz colored mixture. Spritz with one hand and mix with the other. The mixture should be slightly moist to be able to hold together.
- To test readiness of bath fizzies, take small amount of mixture and close into the palm of your hand. If mixture sticks together, it is ready. If not, continue spritzing a little more with rubbing alcohol.
- Be careful not to get mixture too wet. This will cause fizzies to "grow" and start to fizz.
- When at the correct consistency, press a few tablespoons of the mixture into the mold cavity. Press firmly. Add more until you have reached the top with it firmly packed.
- NOTE: The bottom of our plastic beaker works great for pressing mixture down into the round cavity or you can just use your fingers.
- Let fizzies completely harden. Then carefully turn mold over and gently push on bottom to remove fizzies. Set aside and repeat above steps until all colors have been made.
- TO PACKAGE: Place one fizzie of each color into a shrink wrap bag. Position fizzies in the middle of the bag and tie both ends with curling ribbon.
- Taking a hair dryer, quickly shrink the middle area around the "sweetie tarts" just until it tightens up. Cut the very end of the bag that is sealed. You now have a "Sweetie Tart" fizzie!