RECIPE: Tangerine Daffodil with Carrot Puree CP Soap Loaf
The carrot puree used in this soap is thought to have anti-oxidant properties. Carrots are considered great for the skin and are high in Vitamins A and C. It also helps to add a wonderful color to this soap.
Project Level: Advanced – Danger Chemicals
Estimated Time: 1 Hour
Yield: (8) 1" Slices
INCI Ingredient Label: Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Water, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Carrot Puree, Sodium Hydroxide, Fragrance, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Titanium Dioxide,Bis(Glycidoxyphenyl)propane/Bisaminomethylnorbornane copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Yellow 10, Red 28, Red 22, Iron Oxide.
- NOTE: This project and these instructions have been written for someone who has experience making soap and knows the potential dangers due to working with sodium hydroxide. It will not outline all safety methods of working with dangerous chemicals, it is simply a soap recipe for advanced soapmakers.
- Put on your protective gear. This is very important since you will be working with an extremely caustic base that can and will burn you if you touch it. Noxious fumes are also released from the exothermic reaction that occurs when you mix the sodium hydroxide with water.
- Wearing a face mask, prepare the lye solution by weighing the water and lye in two separate containers. Pour the lye into the water, carefully mix in a well-ventilated area and set aside to cool while you prepare your oils.
- Leave the vicinity quickly after stirring the sodium hydroxide into the water if mixing in a small area. If you get any lye on your skin just wash it off quickly with copious amounts of cool water.
- Measure the oils and butters and melt in the microwave.
- Pour out a small amount (0.5-1 oz. each) of oils into 2 separate beakers to mix colors.
- Using a mini mixer, mix 1 tsp. of Matte White Pigment Powder-For Oil into one container of oils.
- In other container, mix 1/2 tsp. of Neon Orange You Glad Powder and 1 micro scoop of Matte Americana Red Oxide Pigment Powder. Blend well with the mini mixer.
- To larger container of oils/butters, add the baby food (carrot puree) and blend with a stick blender.
- When the oils and lye water are at approximately 120°F or lower, combine them both together and begin to stick blend. At light trace, add 1.75 oz. of Tangerine Daffodil Fragrance Oil.
- When soap reaches a medium trace, pour approximately 1/3 of the batter into a separate container and mix the Matte White Color/oil mixture into this container. Set aside.
- Mix the orange color into the remaining batter. Pour into the Tall & Skinny Loaf Silicone Mold. We slightly textured the top of the orange.
- Spoon the remaining white batter on top of the orange. Smooth out the top and sprinkle the Calendula Petals on top.
- Let soap set in mold overnight. If it sticks to the sides of the silicone mold, let set for an additional 24 hours before unmolding.
- Once unmolded, slice soap and let cure for 4-6 weeks.
- Package and label soap accordingly.
Wholesale Supplies Plus is not responsible for the products you create
from our supplies. You alone are responsible for product and recipe
testing to ensure compatibility and safety.