RECIPE: Tequila Sunrise MP Loaf Soap
This tropical treat creates gradients of color that when combined, resemble a sunrise (or sunset) depending on your mood.
Project Level: Moderate
Estimated Time: 1 Hour
Yield: 8 - 1" slices
INCI Ingredient Label: Propylene Glycol, Sorbitol, Water, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Myristate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Glycerin, Titanium Dioxide, Fragrance, Benzophenone-4, Triethanolamine, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Red 33, Red 40, Orange 4, Yellow 5, Yellow 6.
- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron and workspace.
- LAYER 1: Weigh 7.25 oz. of clear soap and cut up in smaller chunks. Place in a glass measuring cup. Place glass container in microwave and heat soap until melted.
- Mix in the first color - 6 drops of Stained Glass Santa Red Liquid Color. Stir until color has been completely incorporated.
- Add 7 ml of Mango Sorbet Fragrance Oil and blend in.
- Place the silicone Tall & Skinny Loaf Mold on a large cookie sheet. This will give the mold stability should the mold need to be moved.
- Pour soap into mold and spritz with rubbing alcohol to release any air bubbles that may occur.
- Let set up until the soap has completely hardened.
- LAYER 2: Weigh 14.87 oz. of clear soap and cut up into chunks. Place in a glass measuring cup and heat in microwave until soap has melted.
- Mix in the second color, 8 drops of Stained Glass Citrus Orange Liquid Color and mix until color has incorporated into melted soap.
- Add 9 ml of fragrance oil and blend in.
- Allow soap to cool down to 125° F.
- Spritz bottom layer of soap generously with rubbing alcohol to insure the layers adhere to each other.
- Pour melted soap into mold and let soap set up.
- LAYER 3: Weigh and cut up 12.8 oz. of clear soap and cut up into chunks. Place in a glass measuring cup and heat in microwave until soap has melted.
- Mix in the third color - 8 drops of Stained Glass Lemon Yellow Liquid Color and stir until color is incorporated.
- Add 9 ml of fragrance and blend thoroughly into melted soap.
- Add 1.35 oz. of white soap and stir. If necessary, heat in microwave to completely melt.
- Again, allow the soap to cool down to 125° F.
- Spritz second layer of soap generously with alcohol. Pour soap into mold and spritz top of melted soap with alcohol to release air bubbles.
- Let soap completely set up.
- ORANGE SLICES: Weigh and cut up 4 oz. of clear soap. Heat in microwave until soap has melted.
- To melted soap, add 6 drops of Stained Glass Sunflower Orange Liquid Color and stir to incorporate.
- Add 1 ml of fragrance oil and blend in.
- Pour soap into Citrus Guest Soap Mold (MW 154) filling only the bottom of each soap cavity. We filled ours just to the second ring above the citrus slice. There should be enough soap to fill all 8 cavities.
- When soap has hardened, remove from mold and set aside for finishing off the top of the loaf.
- You will need to mark the silicone mold where the citrus slices will be placed. Place the ruler down the length of the mold. From the inside of one end, measure out 1/2" and make a mark. Then, make a mark every inch after that until you reach the other end of the loaf mold. You will place a citrus slice where each mark has been placed.
- Weigh and cut up 6.25 oz. of white soap. Place in glass measuring cup and heat in microwave until melted.
- Mix in 2 drops of Stained Glass Lemon Yellow Liquid Color and 2.5 ml of fragrance. Stir well.
- Using a hand mixer, mix soap until it thickens a bit and becomes frothy.
- Allow to cool to around 130° F-135° F and then pour soap over the top of the loaf.
- Working quickly, spritz orange slices with alcohol. Then place the first slice standing up in the soap starting at the 1/2" mark. This first slice should be placed backwards. The rest of the slices will be facing toward you.
- Spritz and place the next slice on the opposite side of the mold at the next mark which will be a 1" mark.
- Continue in this manner, zig-zagging back and forth from one side to the other until the last slice is placed at the 1/2" mark on the other end.
- Let set until soap has completely hardened.
- Once set up, carefully remove from mold.
- Place in mitre box and slice using the wavy soap cutter.
- Place one soap slice into a cello bag and tie with red and orange curling ribbon.
- Wrap and label accordingly.
Wholesale Supplies Plus is not responsible for the products you create
from our supplies. You alone are responsible for product and recipe
testing to ensure compatibility and safety.