RECIPE: Tropical Drink Lip Butter/Scrub
These luscious products will keep your lips smooth and moisturized during the warm summer months.
Project Level: Moderate
Estimated Time: 1 Hour
Yield: 10-.5oz. Lip Scrubs/Butters
INCI Ingredient Label: SCRUB: Sugar, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Flavor Oil, Tocopherol, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Blue 1 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Palmitic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Benzoic Acid
BUTTER: Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Fragrance, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Yellow 5 Lake, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Palmitic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Benzoic Acid
- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- For Pina Colada Lip Butter:
- Weigh the Shea Butter, Cupuacu Butter and 2 oz. Castor Oil in a heat-safe saucepan. On low heat, melt until completely liquid.
- Add 1 ml. Vitamin E and 2 ml. Pina Colada Fragrance Oil to the melted butters.
- Measure and add 2 of the 0.15 ml. scoops of the Yellow Oil-Locking Mica Powder to the melted butters and stir until evenly dispersed. Set aside while you make the Lip Scrub.
- For Lip Scrub:
- In a bowl, measure 6 oz. of White Sugar. To the sugar, add the 1 oz. Mid Chain Triglycerides Liquid and 1 oz. Castor Oil. Stir until sugar is evenly coated in oil.
- Measure and add 1 ml. Vitamin E and 4 ml. Limeade Sweetened Flavor Oil and stir.
- Measure and stir in 2 of the 0.15ml. scoops of Green Oil-Locking Mica Powder and 2 scoops of the Yellow Oil-Locking Mica Powder.
- Fill 10 of the jars with the sugar scrub. Wipe off the rim of the jars before placing the Press and Seal Liner on the jar. Since this is a product being placed on the lips, we recommend using the sealers to prevent tampering.
- If your Lip Butter has not yet started to thicken, place the container in either refrigerator or freezer for a few minutes. When the oils and butters come to a semi-solid consistency, use a hand mixer to whip to a fluffy cream-like texture.
- Carefully scoop into the remaining 10 jars and allow to come to room temperature before adding the Press & Seal Liner and capping.
- To apply press & seal liners, make sure opening of jar is completely free of product. Place seal on top of jar, screw on cap and let sit for 24 hours. The pressure of the cap will release adhesive on the liners and seal the jar.
- This butter will harden once it comes to room temperature and will not stay fluffy and soft. However, it will easily melt with body temperature. You only need a small amount to use on your lips.
- TO USE: First apply a small amount of Lime Margarita Lip Scrub to your lip and gently massage to exfoliate. Wipe off with a tissue or cloth. Finish with the Pina Colada Lip Butter to moisturize.
- It is not recommended to leave this in a purse or warm car as the butters can melt and potentially leak after the seal has been broken.
Wholesale Supplies Plus is not responsible for the products you create
from our supplies. You alone are responsible for product and recipe
testing to ensure compatibility and safety.