Wholesale Supplies Plus is not responsible for the products you create
from our supplies. You alone are responsible for product and recipe
testing to ensure compatibility and safety.
- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- In a pyrex cup, melt 16 oz of soap (1/2 of 2# tray). Microwave for 1 minute. Stir. Repeat for 30 seconds. Stir. Repeat until fully melted.
- Add 1/2 to 1 cube of the color block into hot soap. Stir in until fully dissolved. Heat in microwave a little longer if not dissolving.
- Add 1/2 oz (1 Tablespoon or 15 ml) of fragrance and stir well.
- Pour 1 oz of soap (about 2/3 high) into each mold cavity. You will have soap left over in the pyrex cup. Set aside.
- Allow to naturally return to room temperature.
- When firm, place duck on soap. Do not spritz duck with rubbing alcohol.
- Spritz the soap around the duck with rubbing alcohol. Pour remaining melted soap on top of the colored soap so that the duck is secured in the soap.
- Note: This two step pour method allows the duck to remain upright while the soap is cooling. If you pour entire bar and place the duck in the soap, it will likely fall over.
- Allow the soap to harden (approx. 30 min).
- Repeat process until all of the soap has been used. Note: You do not need to color all soap. Some ducks in white soap look great!
- Package in a cello bag with curling ribbon. Label according to the FDA labeling guidelines.