RECIPE: Valentine Whoopie Pies Soap
These soaps will make cute teacher's, babysitter gifts, etc. for Valentine's Day.
Project Level: Moderate
Estimated Time: 1 Hour
Yield: 24 approx. 1.5 oz. bars
INCI Ingredient Label: Propylene Glycol,Sorbitol,Glycerin,Sodium Laureth Sulfate,Sodium Stearate,Sodium Myristate,Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate,Water, Disodium Lauryl sulfosuccinate,Stearic Acid, Sodium Chloride,Diazolidinyl Urea/Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate,Tetrasodium EDTA, Triethanolamine,Titanium Dioxide,Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter),Fragrance,Mica,Iron Oxides,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Red33,Red40
- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron
- Unmold clear soap from plastic tray. Cut off half of the soap which should be approximately 16 oz.
- Cut soap into small chunks and place in glass measuring cup.
- From brown soap color bar, cut off one square of color. Cut this square in half and place in measuring cup with clear soap.
- Place cup in microwave and heat until soap and color are completely melted.
- Remove from oven and stir making sure there are no small pieces of soap undissolved.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of Crafters Choice White Chocolate Raspberry fragrance oil and stir well.
- Place Heart Silicone mold on cookie sheet. This will keep mold steady when you need to move the mold.
- Pour melted soap into all 12 heart cavities. Spritz top of soap with alcohol to release any surface bubbles.
- Place mold/cookie sheet into freezer for about 1/2 hour or until set.
- Remove soap from mold and set aside.
- Repeat the recipe to make the second set of 12 heart soaps.
- Once these soaps have set up, cut all hearts in half to prepare to be filled with soap frosting.
- Soap Frosting: See recipe for Soap Frosting in WSP Recipe Box. http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/RecipeDetail.aspx?RecipeID=203
- While making the soap frosting, you can add the Crafter's Choice Santa Red Liquid Dye to make the frosting pink.
- Once the frosting is made, take one soap heart that has been cut in half. Spread frosting on the bottom half. Press the top half onto the bottom and scrape away any excess frosting.
- Continue in this manner until all the heart whoopie pies are done.
- With the left-over frosting, one suggestion is to make soap balls. Roll some frosting into a ball, coat with sprinkles or drizzle some soap over the top to look like icing.
- You can put the soap balls on a popsicle stick to look like a "cake-pop" or just as a "bon-bon".
- Packaging Suggestions: Wrap pies in clear plastic wrap like saran and package 3 or 4 in a pink organza bag. Wrap the soap balls on a stick in plastic wrap and tie with ribbon.
- If making this product from our WSP kit, you will have enough ingredients to make 48 whoopie pies.
Wholesale Supplies Plus is not responsible for the products you create
from our supplies. You alone are responsible for product and recipe
testing to ensure compatibility and safety.