- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron and workspace.
- This recipe is designed to make 2 bubble logs approximately 8 1/2 inches in length. We found it easier to make 2 smaller than one larger log. If you desire, the recipe can be doubled and made all together.
- Measure 1 cup Baking Soda, 1/3 cup Corn Starch and 1/3 cup Bubble Bar Hardener and place in large glass bowl.
- Add 1 cup Lathanol Powder. (NOTE: Be sure to wear a mask for this step. Lanthanol Powder is extemely fine and becomes airborne very quickly.)
- Carefully and gently mix powder ingredients together using a wire whisk.
- To dry ingredients, add 1 Tablespoon Castor Oil and 1/3 Cup Glycerin.
- In a plastic beaker, mix 9.5 ml Vanilla Bean Fragrance Oil and 4.25 ml Vanilla Color Stabilizer for CP Soap. Add this to the dry mixture.
- With gloved hands, begin to mix dry and wet ingredients together.
- When ingredients begin to blend, add one 0.15 ml scoop of poppy seeds to mixture. Continue to blend with hands until mixture has a dough-like consistency.
- To test to see if mixture is ready, place a small amount into the palm of your hand and squeeze. If mixture stays together, it is ready to roll. If mixture does not stay together, drizzle a small amount of glycerin over dough and knead.
- Once dough is right consistency, place dough on waxed paper or saran wrap.
- Folding one end of "wrap" over the dough, begin to roll back and forth creating a log. As you are rolling the dough, you may need to pull out the wrap as necessary so it does not get caught in the dough.
- Continue to roll until log is about 8 1/2" long. Flatten out the ends so the log is the same width all the way across and completely wrap dough with the waxed paper or saran wrap.
- Repeat above steps to create the second bubble bar log.
- Let logs harden for about 2 hours.
- Unwrap and slice into about 3/4" slices. Let slices dry overnight.
- To package, place 2 slices in a cello bag and tie with raffia.
- Label product accordingly.
- TO USE: Crumble 1/2 - 1 bubble slice under warm running water. Create even more bubbles by briskly running your hand back and forth under the running water.