RECIPE: Vanilla Bean Sparkling Snowflake MP Soap
This melt and pour soap contains lotion which will not only cleanse your skin but leave it feeling soft and moisturized. The glittery sparkle makes this a perfect Holiday soap for gifts or sale.
Project Level: Easy
Estimated Time: 1 Hour
Yield: (6) 4.5 oz. Bars
INCI Ingredient Label: Sorbitol, Coconut Oil, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Water, Sodium Hydroxide, Silica, Madagascar Vanilla Bean Seeds, Fragrance, Titanium Dioxide, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate-60, Stearyl Alcohol, Sunflower Oil, Allantoin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Petrolatum, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT, Disodium Carbomer, Benzophenone-4, Stearic Acid, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Acrylates Copolymer.
- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Weigh and cut up 15 oz. of Madagascar Vanilla MP Soap Base. Place soap chunks into a large glass measuring cup.
- Cut the White Clouds Shimmer Mica Color Bar Cube in half and place one half into the bowl of soap chunks.
- Place glass measuring cup into microwave and heat until the soap has completely melted.
- Add (4) 0.15 ml Micro Scoops of Iridescent Super Sparkle Glitter and mix well.
- In a plastic beaker, mix 0.50 oz. Vanilla Bean Noel Fragrance Oil and 0.50 oz. Vanilla Color Stabilizer. Set aside for 2 minutes then mix into the melted soap.
- In a second plastic beaker, add 0.50 oz. of Basic Lotion Base and place in microwave for 20 seconds.
- Add the warm lotion to the melted and scented soap base.
- Place glass measuring cup back into the microwave and heat for another 30 seconds to completely incorporate the lotion into the soap.
- Pour the melted soap into the Snowflake Soap Mold distributing evenly into all 3 cavities. Spritz the tops with rubbing alcohol to release any air bubbles and let the soap harden.
- Once hardened, carefully remove the soap from plastic mold. If the soap is hard to unmold, place in freezer for about 15 minutes.
- Wrap soap in plastic wrap so that it is airtight and label accordingly.
- Repeat above steps to make remaining 3 bars of soap.
Wholesale Supplies Plus is not responsible for the products you create
from our supplies. You alone are responsible for product and recipe
testing to ensure compatibility and safety.