NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Weigh coconut oil, cocoa butter, jojoba oil and shea butter. Place in pan and melt over low heat.
- Scoop 1 tsp. of Alkanet Root Powder into small bath tea bag. Using an iron, seal the open side of the bath tea bag and place into melted oils.
- When the oils and butters are melted, remove from the heat source. Allow the alkanet root to steep in the oils for a minimum of 2 hours. (The longer it sits the deeper the color will be.)
- When you are done infusing the oils remove and dispose of the tea bag.
- Place the pot back on the heat source and add the candellila wax. Continue stirring until wax is fully melted and then remove from heat source.
- Add vitamin E and stir well.
- When the mixture has cooled to approximately 160°F, pour into the plastic beaker.
- Using the plastic beaker begin filling the tubes. If the product begins to harden you can place the plastic beaker in the microwave to remelt.
- When product has cooled completely, place caps on tubes. Label product accordingly.