- TE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Weigh 4 oz. of Clear Suspension MP soap. Cut into small chunks and place in glass measuring cup. Heat in microwave about 30 seconds until soap is melted.
- Taking the white soap cube, cut in half and add one half to the melted soap. Stir until all melted. Heat soap further if color bar is not completely dissolved.
- Add 3 ml. of fragrance to colored soap. Mix well.
- Divide the soap between all 6 mold cavities. Spritz with alcohol to dissolve surface bubbles. Allow soap to set up.
- Once hardened, unmold the squares. Take 2 of the soap squares and cut each square into 6 separate strips for the ribbons.
- Take 2 of the white strips and place one on top of the other to make a "+". Cut off strip where it overlaps the other so they will fit in the cavity without overlapping.
- Continue until you have enough for 6 gift soaps.
- Weigh out 5 oz. of Suspension MP soap. Cut into chunks and heat in microwave until melted. Do not fragrance.
- Pour small amount of clear into first cavity-just enough to cover the bottom. Spritz with alcohol, then spritz 3 ribbon strips and immediately place into clear soap in bottom of cavity. Spritz again with alcohol when ribbons are positioned.
- Continue in this manner, one cavity at a time until all 6 cavities are finished. Let soap set up.
- Remove entire 2 lb. tray of clear soap and an additional 4 oz. of soap from second tray. Cut up into small chunks and place in large glass measuring cup.
- Heat soap in microwave until completely melted. Remove and stir to be sure all soap has melted.
- Empty one entire bag of Caribbean Blue Glitter into melted soap. Mix with wire wisk to incorporate into soap.
- Add 1.5 oz. of fragrance and mix well.
- Check soap temperature so it is no higher than 125°. Once soap has cooled to this temperature, spritz first soap cavity with alcohol
- Pour blue soap over white ribbons. Spritz top to release air bubbles. Continue until entire soap tray is poured. Set aside until set up.
- While soap is setting up, you can make the soap curls. For this step you will need a vegetable peeler.
- Taking the white squares made in Step 5, use a vegetable peeler to shave off soap curls for top of gift box. Peeling all 4 squares will be enough for all 12 soap bars.
- Once soap has set up, remove from mold.
- If clear soap is left from Step 8, remelt for this step. Otherwise, melt about 1 oz. of clear soap in plastic beaker.
- Spritz top of first box with alcohol. Using a plastic dropper, drizzle a small amount of clear soap in middle. Spritz some curls with alcohol and place in melted soap. Drizzle extra soap if they do not all stick.
- Continue in this fashion with all soap boxes. Set aside.
- Wash silicone mold in warm, sudsy water and dry thoroughly.
- Repeat above steps to make 6 more soap boxes. In Step 2, only melt 2 oz. of clear soap and add sparkle white color. The soap curls have already been made in Step 18. Also, only add 1.5 ml of fragrance oil to the 2 oz. of soap.
- Packaging Suggestion: Place in cello bag 5 x 3 x 11.5. Tie with coordinating colored ribbon. Add tag with couples name and wedding date.