NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- LIP BUTTER: Weigh 0.50 oz. Kokum Butter and 1.75 oz. Cupuacu Butter and place in double boiler or metal pan for stove top.
- Heat butters on low until they have completely melted. Remove from heat once melted.
- Add 1.0 oz. of Liquid Shea Butter and 0.10 oz. of Castor Oil. Blend oils into butters.
- Place bowl/pan into refrigerator just until product starts to thicken and solidify.
- Using a hand mixer on low, start to whip the butters until they start to thicken. Be sure to scrape bowl often while mixing.
- Once they start to thicken after a minute or so, add 4 ml of the Cherry Kiss Flavor Oil, 0.5 ml. of Vitamin E and about ½ of the 0.15 ml Micro Size Scoop of Neon Pink Pleasures Powder for a nice light pink color.
- Whip just until product starts to get fluffy. It should not be too thick as this will make it harder to fill the small ¼ oz. jars.
- To fill jars, place ¼ oz. Jar on scale and tare to zero. Fill each to 0.30 oz. If any product remains, this can be divided up between all the jars. Place lids on jars and label product accordingly.
- TO USE: Apply to lips after using the lip scrub to soften and moisturize.
- LIP SCRUB: Weigh 2.65 oz. Aloe Butter Blend and place in a glass measuring cup. Heat in microwave on low until completely melted.
- Add 3.5 oz. Sugar and stir in well.
- Add 5 ml of Cherry Kiss Flavor Oil and 0.5 ml Vitamin E and blend in.
- Let mixture sit for a few minutes. This will thicken up a bit and make it easier to suspend the sugar while filling the jars.
- To fill jars, place 1/3 oz. Jar on scale and tare to zero. Fill each to 0.60 oz., stirring before each pour to keep sugar suspended. Repeat until all jars are filled. Place lids on jars and label product accordingly.
- TO USE: Gently rub a small amount of sugar scrub over lips. Rinse off with warm water and follow up with lip butter or balm to moisturize.
- TO PACKAGE: Place 1 lip butter and 1 lip scrub into small organza bag.