Moisturizing Body Oil Recipe
Yield: 6 Bottles | Est. Time: 1/2 Hour | Level: Easy
About This Recipe:
Quench your skin's thirst for moisture with this luxury body oil. The Isopropyl Myristate allows the oils in this recipe to be easily absorbed by the skin, ensuring quick penetration of the other ingredients. Cosmetic-grade mineral oil is considered one of the safest, most non-irritating moisturizing ingredients ever found. Many people have expressed concern about the role of this oil in cosmetics, particularly that it may "block" the skin and prevent toxins from escaping. Research suggests that refined mineral oil used in cosmetics does not clog pores and is generally considered safe for all types of skin.
(1) 1 lb Mineral Oil
(2) 2 oz Sunflower Oil - Refined
(1) 2 oz Macadamia Nut Oil
(1) 2 oz Walnut Oil
(1) 2 oz Evening Primrose Oil
(1) 2 oz Safflower Oil
(1) 2 oz Isopropyl Myristate
(1) 2 fl. oz Madagascar Vanilla* Fragrance Oil 330
(1) 1 Piece Droppers - Plastic
(6) 1 Bottle 04 oz Clear Cosmo Oval Plastic Bottle - 20/410
(6) 1 Piece 20/410 White Petite Treatment Pump Top - Clear Cap
Recipe Ingredients:Measure ingredients with a scale or precise measuring tool.
• 12 oz. Mineral Oil
• 4 oz. Sunflower Oil - Refined
• 2 oz. Macadamia Nut Oil
• 2 oz. Walnut Oil
• 2 oz. Evening Primrose Oil
• 1 oz. Safflower Oil
• 1 oz. Isopropyl Myristate
• 18 ml(s) Madagascar Vanilla* Fragrance Oil 330
Equipment From Home:
• (1) Large Measuring Cup (32 oz.)
• (1) Wire Whisk
• (1) Scissors
• (1) Scale - Digital Display
NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron and workspace.
* Wholesale Supplies Plus is not affiliated or associated with Bath & Body Works.
**If you do not wish to use Mineral Oil in this recipe, you can substitute Mid Chain Triglycerides (MCT Liquid) for the Mineral Oil.
Ingredient Label: Mineral Oil, Sunflower Oil, Macadamia Nut Oil, Walnut Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Safflower Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Fragrance.
|We are not responsible for the products you create from our supplies.
You alone are responsible for product and recipe testing to ensure compatibility and safety.