Lemongrass Swirl CP Soap Recipe
Yield: 44-45 oz. Loaf | Est. Time: 1 Hour | Level: Advanced – Danger Chemicals
About This Recipe:
Lemongrass Essential Oil provides a bright, tart flash of lemon balanced with a green herbal undertone. This soap is swirled using an in-the-pot swirl technique and colored with pigment.
(1) Distilled Water
(1) 2 lb Sodium Hydroxide Flakes
(1) 1 lb Olive Oil - Refined A
(1) 1 lb Coconut Oil - 76º Melt
(1) 2 oz Shea Butter - Natural
(1) 2 oz Cocoa Butter - Chocolate Odor & Natural Color
(1) 2 oz Hemp Seed Oil - Virgin (Dark Green)
(1) 2 fl. oz Lemongrass EO- Certified 100% Pure 138
(1) 2.5 gm Bag Matte Cobalt Blue Ultramarine Powder
(1) 2.5 gm Bag Matte Yellow Oxide Pigment Powder
(1) 1 Mold Regular Loaf Silicone Mold 1501
Recipe Ingredients:Measure ingredients with a scale or precise measuring tool.
• 8 oz. Distilled Water
• 4.1 oz. Sodium Hydroxide Flakes
• 10 oz. Olive Oil - Refined A
• 12 oz. Coconut Oil - 76º Melt
• 2 oz. Shea Butter - Natural
• 2 oz. Cocoa Butter - Chocolate Odor & Natural Color
• 2 oz. Hemp Seed Oil - Virgin (Dark Green)
• 1.5 oz. Lemongrass EO- Certified 100% Pure 138
• 1/4 Teaspoon(s) Matte Cobalt Blue Ultramarine Powder
• 4 Teaspoon(s) Matte Yellow Oxide Pigment Powder
Equipment From Home:
• (1) Safety Equipment (goggles,mask,gloves)
• (1) Polypropylene Pitcher
• (1) Polypropylene Container for lye
• (1) Scale - Digital Display
• (3) Spatulas
• (1) Thermometer - Digital
• (1) Heat-Safe Melting Pot
• (1) Stove Top or Double Boiler
• (1) Microwave-Safe Container (64 oz.)
• (1) Microwave
• (1) Stick Blender
• (3) Plastic Containers
• (2) Measuring Spoons
WARNING: This project and these instructions have been written for someone who has experience making soap and knows the potential dangers due to working with sodium hydroxide. It will not outline safety methods of working with dangerous chemicals, it is simply a soap recipe for advanced soapmakers.
Ingredient Label: Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, Water, Sodium Hydroxide, Shea Butter, Cocoa Seed Butter, Hemp Seed Oil, Lemongrass Essential Oil, Iron Oxides and Ultramarines.
|We are not responsible for the products you create from our supplies.
You alone are responsible for product and recipe testing to ensure compatibility and safety.