Rice Flower and Shea Cold Process Soap Recipe
Yield: (8) Bars | Est. Time: 1 Hour | Level: Advanced – Danger Chemicals
About This Recipe:
Rice Flower and Shea Fragrance Oil is a very fresh floral scent with a creamy shea undertone. Just enough floral but not too much. In this recipe we will also be using shea butter, which makes such a creamy, lathery bar of soap. We had so much fun layering this soap. Get creative, you can make really thin lines or big thick lines.
(1) Distilled Water
(1) 2 lb Sodium Hydroxide Flakes
(1) 1 lb Palm Oil
(1) 1 lb Coconut Oil - 76º Melt
(1) 1 lb Olive Oil - Refined A
(1) 2 oz Shea Butter - Ultra Refined
(1) 2 fl. oz Rice Flower & Shea* Fragrance Oil 233
(1) 2.5 gm Bag Titanium Dioxide Pigment Powder - For Oil
(1) 2.5 gm Bag Activated Charcoal - Super Fine
(1) 2.5 gm Bag Amethyst Purple Mica Powder
(1) 2.5 gm Bag Traditional - Caribbean Blue Glitter
(1) 1 Mold Regular Loaf Silicone Mold 1501
Recipe Ingredients:Measure ingredients with a scale or precise measuring tool.
• 9.80 oz. Distilled Water
• 4.90 oz. Sodium Hydroxide Flakes
• 12 oz. Palm Oil
• 10 oz. Coconut Oil - 76º Melt
• 10 oz. Olive Oil - Refined A
• 2 oz. Shea Butter - Ultra Refined
• 2 oz. Rice Flower & Shea* Fragrance Oil 233
• 1 Teaspoon(s) Titanium Dioxide Pigment Powder - For Oil
• 1 Teaspoon(s) Activated Charcoal - Super Fine
• 1 Teaspoon(s) Amethyst Purple Mica Powder
• 1 Teaspoon(s) Traditional - Caribbean Blue Glitter
Equipment From Home:
• (1) Safety Equipment (goggles,mask,gloves)
• (1) Scale - Digital Display
• (1) Polypropylene Pitcher
• (1) Polypropylene Container for lye
• (1) Sparulas
• (1) Microwave or Double Boiler
• (1) Microwave-Safe Measuring Cup (64 oz.)
• (4) Plastic Containers for colors
• (1) Measuring Spoons
• (1) Stick Blender
• (1) 1" Book or other flat object
• (1) Skewer or Chopstick
• (1) Freezer (optional)
NOTE: This project and these instructions have been written for someone who has experience making soap and knows the potential dangers due to working with sodium hydroxide. It will not outline all safety methods of working with dangerous chemicals, it is simply a soap recipe for advanced soapmakers.
Ingredient Label: Palm Oil, Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, Water, Sodium Hydroxide, Shea Butter, Fragrance, Activated Carbon, Titanium Dioxide, Glitter, Mica, Tin Oxide, Iron Oxide.
|We are not responsible for the products you create from our supplies.
You alone are responsible for product and recipe testing to ensure compatibility and safety.