About This Recipe:
These cupcakes smell amazing! A great addition to your fall product line. Your customers will think they are the real thing!
(1) 2 lb Premium Ultra White MP Soap Base - 2 lb Tray
(1) 2 lb Premium Extra Clear MP Soap Base - 2 lb Tray
(1) 2 fl. oz Apple Cinnamon Icing Fragrance Oil 866
(1) 2 oz Vanilla Color Stabilizer - MP Soap
(1) 2 oz Apricot Seed Powder
(1) 2.5 gm Bag Gingerbread Brown Mica Powder
(1) 1 lb (single jar) Foaming Bath Whip - Traditional
(1) 2 oz Myristyl Myristate
(1) 2 oz Glycerin - Natural
(1) 5 ml Stained Glass Lemon Yellow Liquid Color
(1) 5 ml Stained Glass Citrus Orange Liquid Color
(1) 1 Pack Cupcake Round Silicone Molds
(1) 1 Mold Guest Loaf Silicone Mold 1502
(1) 1 Piece Beaker - Natural Polypropylene
(2) 1 Piece Droppers (Pipettes) - Plastic
Measure ingredients with a scale or precise measuring tool.
• 30.05 oz. Premium Ultra White MP Soap Base - 2 lb Tray
• 19.25 oz. Premium Extra Clear MP Soap Base - 2 lb Tray
• 1.4 oz. Apple Cinnamon Icing Fragrance Oil 866
• 1.4 oz. Vanilla Color Stabilizer - MP Soap
• 3/4 Teaspoon(s) Apricot Seed Powder
• 3 .15 ml Scoop Gingerbread Brown Mica Powder
• 8 oz. Foaming Bath Whip - Traditional
• 1.5 oz. Myristyl Myristate
• 1.75 oz. Glycerin - Natural
• 18 Drop(s) Stained Glass Lemon Yellow Liquid Color
• 5 Drop(s) Stained Glass Citrus Orange Liquid Color
• 12 Piece(s) Cupcake Round Silicone Molds
• 1 Piece(s) Guest Loaf Silicone Mold 1502
Equipment From Home:
• (1) Microwave
• (2) Microwave-Safe Measuring Cup (32 oz.)
• (1) Soap Cutter
• (1) Cutting Board
• (1) Metal Cupcake Tin
• (1) Mixing Spoons
• (1) Spatulas
• (1) Spray Bottle with Rubbing Alcohol-71%
• (1) Measuring Spoons
• (1) Hand Mixer
• (1) Decorator Pro or Pastry Bag
• (1) Decorating Tips
• (1) Scale - Digital Display
• (1) Thermometer
NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron and workspace.
- CUPCAKE: Place 12 silicone cupcake liners into a metal cupcake pan. This helps to keep the shape of the cupcakes once the soap is poured.
- To microwave-safe measuring cup, add 22 oz. of cut up White Soap Base. Heat in microwave for 2 minutes or until completely melted.
- In a plastic beaker, measure 0.66 oz. of Apple Cinnamon Icing Fragrance Oil and 0.66 oz. of Vanilla Color Stabilizer. Let set for 2 minutes then add to melted soap. Stir well.
- Add 8 drops of Stained Glass Lemon Yellow Liquid Color and stir until color has mixed in well.
- Pour soap into each silicone cupcake liner to the line marker just below the top of the mold. Spritz the soap in each cupcake with rubbing alcohol to release any air bubbles. Let harden.
- APPLE FILLING: Weigh and cut up 8.5 oz. of Extra Clear MP Soap Base. Add a .05 oz. sliver of Ultra White MP Soap Base to the clear soap. Place in microwave and heat until soap has melted. Remove and stir well.
- In a plastic beaker, mix 7 ml of Apple Cinnamon Icing Fragrance Oil and 7 ml Vanilla Color Stabilizer. Let sit for 2 minutes before adding to melted soap.
- Add 1/8 tsp. Apricot Seed Powder, 1 drop of Stained Glass Lemon Yellow Liquid Color and 3 drops of Orange Liquid Color. Mix to incorporate all additives.
- Pour into Guest Loaf Silicone Mold. Spritz the top with rubbing alcohol and let harden.
- When soap for apple filling has hardened, remove from mold. Cut into small apple pieces. Place pieces on cupcakes, dividing them up to cover all 12. They should be slightly mounded in the middle.
- Weigh and cut up 4 oz. of Extra Clear MP Soap Base. Place in a glass measuring cup and heat in microwave until melted.
- Add 1 drop of Lemon Yellow Liquid Color, 2 drops of Citrus Orange Liquid Color and a pinch of Gingerbread Brown Mica Powder (just enough to darken the soap just a little). Soap is ready to pour when it has cooled to around 135°F.
- Spritz the tops of the cupcake and the apple pieces with rubbing alcohol. Drizzle the soap over the apple pieces just enough to act as a "glue" to hold the pieces together. Be sure to pour the soap around the edge of the cupcake to cover the "yellow cake".
- Continue to pour the melted soap until all 12 cupcakes have been covered. Let soap set up.
- Once set up, remove from the silicone liners and set aside.
- CINNAMON STICKS: Weigh and cut up 2.25 oz. of Extra Clear MP Soap Base. Place in a glass measuring cup. Heat in microwave in 30 second increments until heated.
- To melted soap, add 0.75 oz. of Glycerin and (2) 0.15 ml micro size scoops of Gingerbread Brown Mica Powder. Mix well.
- Place the Guest Loaf Silicone Mold on a scale and tare to zero. Pour 0.75 oz. of soap into the bottom of the mold. Let soap harden.
- Remove from mold and roll the soap lengthwise as tightly as possible. Cut up into 4 cinnamon sticks. Repeat this process two more times to get 12 cinnamon sticks. Set aside when done.
- SOAP FROSTING: To a large glass mixing bowl, add 8 oz. of cut up white soap. Heat in microwave until completely melted.
- Add 8 oz. of Foaming Bath Whip to the melted soap and stir. The heat from the melted soap will soften the bath whip.
- In a plastic beaker, mix together 0.50 oz. Apple Cinnamon Icing Fragrance Oil and 0.50 oz. Vanilla Color Stabilizer. Stir and set aside.
- In a separate microwave-safe container, add 1 oz. of glycerin and 1.5 oz. of Myristyl Myristate. Heat in the microwave just until melted.
- With a hand mixer on low speed, whip the soap mixture until it starts to thicken. Add glycerin mixture to bowl while mixing, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Add the fragrance oil mixture, 8 drops of Lemon Yellow Liquid Color and 1/4 tsp. of Apricot Seed Powder. Continue to mix until product thickens. If necessary, place in refrigerator for 10-15 minutes to cool and thicken.
- Fill Decorator Pro or pastry bag with mixture and pipe onto cupcakes. Any leftover "frosting" can be placed in an airtight container for later use.
- Place a cinnamon stick into the side of each frosted cupcake and sprinkle a small amount of Apricot Seeds on top to look like cinnamon. Wait 24 hours for frosting to harden. Package as desired.
- Label product accordingly.
To Use: Lather onto wet skin, rinse with warm water. NOTE:
On 3/28/19, Myristyl Myristate was substituted for the Palm Kernel Flakes.
Ingredient Label: CUPCAKE/FILLING: Sorbitol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Stearic Acid, Myristic Acid, Water, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Titanium Dioxide, Apricot Seed Powder, Orange 4, Yellow 5, Mica, Iron Oxide.
WHIPPED TOPPING: Propylene Glycol, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Myristate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Water, Disodium Lauryl sulfosuccinate, Stearic Acid, Myristyl Myristate, Sodium Chloride, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Titanium Dioxide, Apricot Seed Powder, Fragrance, Yellow 5.