These will make a perfect addition to Easter baskets or a cute addition to your Spring Craft Show.
Watch Video Of This Recipe
Wholesale Supplies Plus is not responsible for the products you create from our supplies.
You alone are responsible for product and recipe testing to ensure compatibility and safety.
Project Level: Difficult
Estimated Time: 1 Hour
Yield: 8 bars
• 60 oz. Premium Extra Clear MP Soap Base - 2 lb Tray
• 18 oz. Premium Ultra White MP Soap Base - 2 lb Tray
• 1 Piece(s) Neon Yellow Hello Soap Color Blocks
• 1 Piece(s) Neon Pretty In Pink Soap Color Blocks
• 2 Piece(s) Matte Teal Green Soap Color Blocks
• 1 Piece(s) Matte Cobalt Blue Soap Color Blocks
• 2 oz. Dewberry Fragrance Oil 378
• 1 Piece(s) Cake Pop Silicone Mold
• 1 Piece(s) Rectangle Basic Silicone Mold 1601
• 8 Piece(s) Premium Crystal Clear Cello Bags (4"x2.5"x10.25")
• 1 Light Pink Curling Ribbon
• 1 Purple Curling Ribbon
• 4 Piece(s) Beaker - Natural Polypropylene
• Cookie Sheet
• Glass Measuring Cup
• Plastic Spray Bottle with Alcohol
• Cheese Grater
• Digital Scale
• Measuring Spoons
• Straight Soap Cutter
• Straight Soap Cutter
• Beaker - Natural Polypropylene
• Scale - Digital Display (Professional)
• Mini Mixer - Cordless
INCI Ingredient Label: Propylene Glycol, Sorbitol, Water, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Myristate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Glycerin, Titanium Dioxide, Triethanolamine, Bis(Glycidoxyphenyl)propane/Bisaminomethylnorbornane copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Yellow 10, Red 28, Red 22, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Ultramarines.
- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron and workspace.
- To make all 8 bars, this recipe will need to be made twice.
- For soap shreds (grass): Weigh 6 oz. of clear soap. Cut up into chunks and place in glass measuring cup. (This should be enough shreds for all 8 bars).
- Cut the teal green soap color bar into 4 pieces. Place 1 of the pieces into the bowl with the cut up soap.
- Place in microwave and heat until melted.
- When soap has melted, mix well to be sure the color has completely melted and incorporated into the soap. If there are any small dark pieces, heat soap for another 10-15 seconds so these completely dissolve.
- Pour soap into 1 cavity in rectangle silicone mold and set aside to harden.
- To make eggs, you will need 4 small measuring cups with 2 oz. of white soap in three of them. One measuring cup will need 3 oz. of soap. This will be for the final or bottom layer. Do not melt until ready to pour. (If you prefer, you can use one measuring cup and wash after pouring each color.)
- Place silicone Cake Pop mold on cookie sheet. This will help with stability if moving.
- Decide what order you would like the colors on your eggs.
- For first color (top of egg), melt the 2 oz. of white soap. We added 1/2 of the yellow soap color cube to the soap before melting.
- Pour melted yellow soap into bottom of each egg cavity. You may have left over color depending on how deep you want the first layer. Spritz soap with alcohol and let harden.
- For 2nd layer: melt 2 oz. of soap. To this, we added 1/2 cube of the pink soap color cube.
- Spritz 1st layer with alcohol. Be sure soap temp has reached around 125°F before pouring so it does not melt 1st layer of soap.
- For 3rd layer: melt 2 oz. of white soap and add next color (we added 1/4 of blue color cube). Check soap temperature, spritz with alcohol and pour 3rd layer.
- For 4th layer: melt 3 oz. soap and add color. We added 1/4 cube of the teal green cube. For this layer, tilt soap mold so the bottom of the egg will be at an angle. This will help the egg to lean back in the soap.
- Pour final layer and spritz with alcohol.
- Unmold teal green soap from Step 2. Using a grater, grate soap for the "grass" on top.
- Cut up 16 oz. of clear soap. Place in glass measuring cup and heat in microwave until melted.
- Add 1/4 cube of teal green color and mix well.
- Add 1 tablespoon or .5 oz. of Dewberry Fragrance oil and mix well.
- Pour soap into rectangle cavities and fill about 3/4 full. Spritz with alcohol.
- While soap is setting up, remove eggs from mold. Set aside.
- Cut up 8 oz. of clear soap and melt in microwave. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons or 7.5 ml of fragrance. Mix well.
- Spritz green soap with alcohol. Once temperature has reached around 125°F, pour clear soap over the green leaving about 1/4 inch from top.
- Taking 1 egg, spritz bottom and sides with alcohol. Place in clear soap. Repeat with second egg and place next to first egg.
- Spritz soap and eggs with alcohol and place grass around both eggs. You will also want to spritz the grass with alcohol before placing around eggs.
- Taking some of the clear melted soap, drizzle lightly over grass to hold it in place.
- OPTIONAL: To give soap a sparkly finish, sprinkle soaps with some Crafter's Choice Iridescent Super Sparkle Glitter.
- Once soap has completely hardened, remove from mold. Then, repeat to make remaining 4 bars.
- To package, place each soap into a Crystal Cello bag and tie with curling ribbon.