This creamy lip balm is great for any time of the year. The shorea (sal) butter and sweet almond oil will moisturize and leave your lips soft and smooth.
Wholesale Supplies Plus is not responsible for the products you create from our supplies.
You alone are responsible for product and recipe testing to ensure compatibility and safety.
Project Level: Moderate
Estimated Time: 1 Hour
Yield: (12) 0.15 oz. Lip Tubes
• 1 oz. Shorea (Sal) Butter
• 1 Tablespoon(s) Beeswax - White Pastilles
• 1 Tablespoon(s) Candelilla Wax
• 1 Tablespoon(s) Castor Oil
• 1 Tablespoon(s) Sweet Almond Oil - Refined
• 2 ml(s) Vitamin E Natural T-50
• 5 ml(s) Orange (Sweet) EO - Certified 100% Pure 134
• 1/8 Teaspoon(s) Bath Bomb Orange Powder Color
• 12 Piece(s) 0.15 oz Natural Lip Tube Only - Round
• 12 Piece(s) Cap for Lip Tube - Natural, Round
• Glass Pyrex Bowl
• Measuring Spoons
• Microwave or Double Boiler
• Mixing Spoon
• 1 Piece(s) Beaker - Natural Polypropylene
• Scale - Digital Display (Professional)
• 1 Piece(s) Droppers (Pipettes) - Plastic
INCI Ingredient Label: Shorea (Sal) Butter, Beeswax (or) Cera Alba, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Tocopherol, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil (Essential Oil), Yellow 6 Lake
- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- Measure out your Beeswax and Candellila Wax and place in glass pyrex bowl. Add 1 tablespoon each of Castor Oil and Sweet Almond.
- Heat in microwave until 3/4 of wax is melted. If you prefer, heat products in double boiler. Remove from heat.
- Add Shorea (Sal) Butter. Return to microwave or double boiler and continue to melt just until waxes and butter have turned to liquid.
- Add Vitamin E and essential oil and stir. If this causes the product to thicken up, return to heat source until liquid again.
- Add a scant 1/8 teaspoon of Bath Bomb Orange Powder Color to liquid. Gently stir.
- Check that temperature of lip balm base is around 120°F or less. If too hot, it can warp the lip tubes or leak out through the bottom.
- Pour into lip balm tubes and let cool. Droppers or beakers are helpful in filling the lip tubes.
- Stir occasionally while pouring to keep powder color from settling.
- Let cool completely. Put caps on and label accordingly.
- Repeat recipe with different essential oils or until desired amount of lip tubes have been produced!