Chamomile and Calendula Infused Bastille CP Soap for Beginners Recipe
Yield: 16 Guest Bars | Est. Time: 2 Hours | Level: Advanced – Danger Chemicals
About This Recipe:
This gentle bastille soap is perfect for babies or anyone with very sensitive skin. The Olive Oil infused with Chamomile and Calendula is thought to add healing properties to skin.
(1) Distilled Water
(1) 2 lb Sodium Hydroxide Flakes
(1) 1 lb Olive Oil - Extra Virgin
(1) 1 lb Coconut Oil - 76º Melt
(1) 2 oz Castor Oil
(1) 2 oz Calendula - Petals Only
(1) 2 oz Chamomile Flowers - Botanical
(2) 1 Mold Farmhouse Guest Silicone Mold 1619
(1) 1 Piece Muslin Drawstring Bags - Large 5 x 7
Recipe Ingredients:Measure ingredients with a scale or precise measuring tool.
• 3.85 oz. Distilled Water
• 1.90 oz. Sodium Hydroxide Flakes
• 10.50 oz. Olive Oil - Extra Virgin
• 2.80 oz. Coconut Oil - 76º Melt
• 0.70 oz. Castor Oil
• 0.10 oz. Calendula - Petals Only
• 0.25 oz. Chamomile Flowers - Botanical
Equipment From Home:
• (1) Glass Jar with Lid (16 oz.)
• (1) Pan of hot water on stove (optional)
• (1) Scale - Digital Display
• (1) Polypropylene Pitcher
• (1) Polypropylene Container for lye
• (1) Spatulas
• (1) Microwave-Safe Measuring Cup (64 oz.)
• (1) Microwave
• (1) Thermometer - Digital
• (1) Stick Blender
WARNING: This project and these instructions have been written for someone who has experience making soap and knows the potential dangers due to working with sodium hydroxide. It will not outline all safety methods of working with dangerous chemicals, it is simply a soap recipe for advanced soap makers.
Ingredient Label: Olive Oil, Water, Coconut Oil, Sodium Hydoxide, Castor Oil, Calendula Flowers, Chamomile Flowers.
|We are not responsible for the products you create from our supplies.
You alone are responsible for product and recipe testing to ensure compatibility and safety.