Your skin will thank you after soaking in a bath with these moisturizing bath melts. The combination of cocoa powder and black cherry fragrance are the perfect mix to make you feel you are soaking in a tub filled with chocolate cherry truffles!
Wholesale Supplies Plus is not responsible for the products you create from our supplies.
You alone are responsible for product and recipe testing to ensure compatibility and safety.
Project Level: Easy
Estimated Time: 1 Hour
Yield: 30 Melts
• 6.5 oz. Cocoa Butter - Chocolate Odor & Natural Color
• 6 oz. Tucuma Butter
• 1 oz. Beeswax - Ultra Refined & Bleached
• 3 Teaspoon(s) Cocoa Powder
• 10 ml(s) Polysorbate 80
• 2 ml(s) Black Cherry - EO & FO Blend 453
• 2 .15 ml Scoop NuTone Red Mica Powder
• Stove top with metal pan
• Double boiler (optional)
• Measuring Spoons
• Wax Paper
• 2 Beaker - Natural Polypropylene
• Jelly Roll Pan
• Scale - Digital Display (Professional)
• 2 Patterned Candy (15 Mini) Silicone Mold
• Crinkled Paper Filler - Red
• 2 Droppers (Pipettes) - Plastic
• 2 Piece(s) White Window Box 1.5" x 4.5" x 4.5", 3 Pack
INCI Ingredient Label: Cocoa Butter, Tucuma Butter, Beeswax, Cocoa Powder, Polysorbate 80, Fragrance, Fluorphlogopite, Titanium Dioxide, Tin Dioxide,Iron Oxide.
NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron and workspace.
- In metal pan or double boiler, add 6 oz. cocoa butter, tucuma butter and beeswax. Heat over low heat until completely melted.
- Add polysorbate 80 and fragrance oil and stir.
- Add cocoa powder and stir well to incorporate.
- Pour hot mixture into molds.
- Place in freezer for a few hours to completely harden.
- Remove from mold and lay out on wax paper.
- In plastic beaker, melt 0.50 oz. cocoa butter. Add 2 scoops of NuTone red powder and mix well.
- Dip the top of the round bath melts in this red liquid and place on wax paper to harden. If desired, pour a little over each of the square pieces. Let pieces completely harden.
- To package, we recommend adding a small amount of crinkle paper to the bottom of window box. Place 6 melts into each box.
- Label product accordingly.
To Use: Place one melt into tub of warm running water and let completely dissolve. Relax and enjoy!WARNING: Bath melts can make your tub slippery. Care should be taken when entering and exiting tub and a bath mat should also be used.
NOTE: Bath melts are soft and can melt in warmer temperatures. If selling at outdoor markets, we recommend keeping the melts in a cooler and having a sample out on your table.