These will make the perfect Valentine for your child to hand out at school. As this fizzes in the bath, a mini Valentine duck will appear to float around the tub. Kids will love the sweet Pomegranate fragrance.
Wholesale Supplies Plus is not responsible for the products you create from our supplies.
You alone are responsible for product and recipe testing to ensure compatibility and safety.
Project Level: Moderate
Estimated Time: 1 Hour
Yield: 26 Clamshell Valentines
• 1 lbs. Citric Acid Powder
• 2 lbs. Baking Soda (Sodium Bicarbonate)
• 4 oz. White Kaolin Clay
• 30 ml(s) Pomegranate Fragrance Oil 276
• 30 ml(s) Stained Glass Apple Red Powder Color
• 30 ml(s) Neon Pretty In Pink Powder
• 26 Piece(s) Plain Heart Clamshell
• 26 Piece(s) Valentine (Mini) Duck Toys
• Fork or Wire Whisk
• Large Glass Bowl
• Rubber or Vinyl Gloves
• Sifter (optional)
• Spray Bottle with Alcohol(for spritzing)
• Scale - Digital Display (Professional)
INCI Ingredient Label: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Kaolin, Fragrance, Polyester-3, Red 28, Red 40
- NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron.
- The directions for this recipe will make 13 bath fizzies at a time.
- Place 13 clamshells on a covered table or counter top in your work space.
- Measure 1 lb. of baking soda, 1/2 lb. of citric acid and 2 oz. kaolin clay. Place into a large glass mixing bowl and mix well with a wire whisk breaking up any clumps there might be.
- If you prefer, you can use a sifter to get rid of any clumps of powder.
- Add .15ml of Stained Glass Apple Red Powder and .15ml of Neon Pretty in Pink Powder and gently mix.
- Using a plastic dropper, drizzle 15 ml of Pomegranate fragrance oil onto mixture. Do not put fragrance all in one area but drizzle all around.
- Using a whisk or fork, mix well by breaking up clumps of fragrance oil.
- Once mixture is free of clumps and mixed thoroughly, begin to spray with rubbing alcohol. Using gloved hands, toss the mixture with one hand while spraying with the other.
- When mixture is just moist enough to stay together when pressed, it is ready to be molded.
- NOTE: This step is easy to check by taking a tablespoon of the mixture and squeezing it in the hand. If it falls apart, then more alcohol needs to be sprayed on the mixture. Make sure gloves are worn for this part of the recipe.
- Once the mixture is the correct consistency, press a small amount firmly into the bottom of the first clamshell. Take a mini valentine duck and place in the middle of the heart, laying on its side.
- Then quickly fill the rest of the cavity with the bath fizzy mixture, pressing firmly so it is tightly packed. You will not completely cover the duck with mixture. Be careful not to overfill as it will be hard to place back on once it hardens.
- If mixture starts to dry, spritz more alcohol as needed. If mixture starts to fizz, then you have spritzed too much and this portion will need to be discarded.
- Continue with remaining mixture until all 13 have been made. Set these aside to harden up.
- If desired, make remaining 13 hearts following steps above.
- Let bath fizzies harden for about 2 hours. Then, place back on the clamshell.
- If desired, you can print cute labels to stick on the back. Or have your child decorate them with Valentine stickers. These are now ready to hand out to friends and classmates for Valentine's Day.