This coconut-free cold process soap recipe is designed to move slowly allowing it to swirl nicely. The high amount of sweet almond oil and olive oil contribute to the slow-moving design as well as a full water amount and slow-moving fragrance. We soaped at room temperature as well giving us ample time to mix in our colors and perform this beautiful raspberry lemonade in-the-pot swirl complete with real lemon and raspberry.
Wholesale Supplies Plus is not responsible for the products you create from our supplies.
You alone are responsible for product and recipe testing to ensure compatibility and safety.
Project Level: Advanced – Danger Chemicals
Estimated Time: 1 Hour
Yield: 8 Bars
• 11.85 oz. Distilled Water
• 8.40 oz. Sweet Almond Oil - Refined
• 8.40 oz. Olive Oil - Refined A
• 4.20 oz. Babassu Oil
• 3.95 oz. Sodium Hydroxide Flakes
• 2.80 oz. Murumuru Butter
• 2.25 oz. Palm Oil - No Stir
• 1.95 oz. Castor Oil
• 1.40 oz. Raspberry Lemonade* - EO & FO Blend 428
• 0.70 oz. Vanilla Color Stabilizer - CP Soap
• 0.50 oz. Sodium Lactate 60%
• 1 Teaspoon(s) NuTone Yellow Mica Powder
• 1/4 Teaspoon(s) Lemon Powder
• 1/8 Teaspoon(s) White Champagne Mica Powder
• 1/8 Teaspoon(s) NuTone Magenta Mica Powder
• 1/8 Teaspoon(s) Raspberry Powder
• 1 Piece(s) Regular Loaf Silicone Mold 1501
• Safety Equipment (goggles, mask, gloves)
• Scale - Digital Display (Professional)
• Polypropylene Measuring Cup
• Polypropylene Pitcher
• 3 Piece(s) Mix & Pour Funnel Pitcher
• Metal Pot (64 oz.)
• Stick Blender
• 2 Piece(s) Beaker - Natural Polypropylene
• Measuring Spoons
• Straight Soap Cutter
INCI Ingredient Label: Water, Sweet Almond Oil, Olive Oil, Babassu Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Murumuru Butter, Palm Oil, Castor Oil, Fragrance, Sodium Lactate, Lemon Powder, Raspberry Powder, Fluorphlogopite, Titanium Dioxide, Tin Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Mica.
WARNING: This project and these instructions have been written for someone who has experience making soap and knows the potential dangers due to working with sodium hydroxide. It will not outline all safety methods of working with dangerous chemicals, it is simply a soap recipe for advanced soap makers.
- To funnel pitcher, add sweet almond oil, olive oil and castor oil. Mix.
- To second funnel pitcher, add white mica powder and pour a small amount of liquid oils. Mix well.
- To third funnel pitcher, add magenta powder and raspberry powder and pour a small amount of liquid oils. Mix well.
- To beaker, add yellow powder, lemon powder and a small amount of liquid oils. Mix well.
- To beaker, add fragrance and stabilizer and mix well.
- To metal pot, add babassu oil, murumuru butter, and palm oil and set aside.
- To polypropylene pitcher, add water and then slowly add lye stirring while adding. Stir until the liquid is clear and the lye is completely dissolved. Add sodium lactate and mix again.
- Pour lye solution into metal pot with solid oils and butter. Use a spatula to mix until liquid.
- Add liquid oils from earlier into metal pot. Using a stick blender, blend until mixture is emulsified.
- Add fragrance mixture and stir with spatula to blend then briefly stick blend.
- To funnel pitcher with white color, add 6 oz. soap batter and to funnel pitcher with red color, add 6 oz. soap batter. Pour yellow color into the metal pot.
- Stick blend until light trace is reached, starting with white, then yellow and finishing with red.
- Pour one-fourth of white soap batter towards the top of the metal pot, pour another one-fourth towards the bottom. Switch to red and pour one-fourth towards left and one-fourth towards right of pot. Repeat pouring the remaining soap into metal pot.
- Pour soap into mold. Tap mold on counter to release any bubbles. Use skewer to swirl design into top.
- After at least 24 hours, remove soap from mold and slice into bars. Allow soap to cure for 4-6 weeks.
- Package and label as desired.
Lather with water onto skin. Rinse off. Avoid contact with eyes.
* Wholesale Supplies Plus is not affiliated or associated with Bath & Body Works.