This cold process soap is made with a drop swirl followed by a spoon swirl. The green and white swirls in a chocolatey base complement the Pistachio Hot Cocoa fragrance. The recipe is slow moving giving you ample time to perform the swirl.
Wholesale Supplies Plus is not responsible for the products you create from our supplies.
You alone are responsible for product and recipe testing to ensure compatibility and safety.
Project Level: Advanced – Danger Chemicals
Estimated Time: 1 Hour
Yield: 8 Bars
• 10.80 oz. Distilled Water
• 9 oz. Coconut Oil - 76º Melt
• 9 oz. Sweet Almond Oil - Refined
• 4.50 oz. Hazelnut Oil
• 4.30 oz. Sodium Hydroxide Flakes
• 3 oz. Macadamia Nut Oil
• 3 oz. Cocoa Butter - Chocolate Odor & Natural Color
• 1.75 oz. Pistachio Hot Cocoa Fragrance Oil 238
• 1.75 oz. Vanilla Color Stabilizer - CP Soap
• 1.50 oz. Castor Oil
• 0.35 oz. Brown Sugar - Raw Demerara Crystals
• 0.20 oz. Cocoa Powder
• 3/8 Teaspoon(s) Martini Olive Green Mica Powder
• 1/4 Teaspoon(s) Shimmering White Clouds Mica Powder
• Tall & Skinny Loaf Silicone Soap Mold 1505
• Safety Equipment (goggles,mask,gloves)
• Polypropylene Measuring Cup
• Polypropylene Pitcher
• Metal Pot (64 oz.)
• Stick Blender
• Small Bowl
• Measuring Spoons
• Straight Soap Cutter
• 2 Beaker - Natural Polypropylene
• Scale - Digital Display (Professional)
• 2 Mix & Pour Funnel Pitcher
• Thermometer - Infrared, Dual Laser
INCI Ingredient Label: Water, Coconut Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Hazelnut Oil, Lye, Fragrance, Macadamia Nut Oil, Cocoa Butter, Castor Oil, Brown Sugar, Cocoa Powder, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite.
WARNING: This project and these instructions have been written for someone who has experience making soap and knows the potential dangers due to working with sodium hydroxide. It will not outline all safety methods of working with dangerous chemicals, it is simply a soap recipe for advanced soap makers.
- To polypropylene pitcher, add water and then slowly pour lye into water stirring occasionally until lye has dissolved. Allow solution to cool.
- To metal pot, add coconut oil, sweet almond oil, hazelnut oil, macadamia nut oil, cocoa butter and castor oil. Heat on stovetop until liquid.
- To mix and pour funnel pitcher, add 1/4 tsp. green mica and pour a splash of oils. Mix well.
- To second mix and pour funnel pitcher, add white mica and pour a splash of oils. Mix well.
- To small bowl, add brown sugar and 3/8 tsp. green mica. Mix well and set aside for later.
- To small beaker, add fragrance and stabilizer and mix well. Allow to sit for at least two minutes.
- When lye solution and melted oils/butter are both 100ºF, slowly pour lye solution into oils/butters. Stick blend until emulsified.
- Pour 7 oz. soap batter into pitcher with green and 7 oz. soap batter into pitcher with white.
- Stick blend white soap batter and then green soap batter until colors are well blended.
- Pour fragrance mixture into uncolored soap batter and mix well with stick blender.
- Pour 2 oz. uncolored soap batter into plastic beaker and add cocoa powder. Mix well with spoon and then add the mixture into uncolored soap batter. Stick blend until color is well blended.
- Pour chocolate soap batter into mold.
- Hold green soap 8 inches from mold and pour into mold moving back and forth two times. Repeat with white soap pouring over green soap. Continue alternating colors until mold is filled.
- Stick spoon into loaf and twist to gently swirl soap. Repeat three more times in different spots.
- Sprinkle green sugar on top of soap.
- Allow soap to harden for at least 24 hours and then remove from mold.
- Slice into bars and allow soap to cure for 4-6 weeks.
- Package as desired and label accordingly.
Lather with water onto skin. Rinse off. Avoid contact with eyes.