About This Recipe:
The bright colors of green, purple and gold scream Mardi Gras for this soap cube. We fragranced them with Sweet Bourbon Cream Fragrance Oil to go along with the Mardi Gras theme. Each time you wash with it, it will remind you of Bourbon Street in the French Quarters!
(2) 2 lb Premium Extra Clear MP Soap Base - 2 lb Tray
(1) 2 lb Premium Ultra White MP Soap Base - 2 lb Tray
(1) 2 fl. oz Sweet Bourbon Cream Fragrance Oil 1214
(1) 2 oz Vanilla Color Stabilizer - MP Soap
(1) 1 Block Light Gold Shimmer Mica Soap Color Blocks
(1) 1 Block NuTone Green Soap Color Blocks
(1) 1 Block NuTone Purple Soap Color Blocks
(1) 1 Mold Body Bar Cube Silicone Mold 1627
(1) 1 Each Hairnets - 24 inch Disposable
(1) 1 Piece Beaker - Natural Polypropylene
Measure ingredients with a scale or precise measuring tool.
• 41 oz. Premium Extra Clear MP Soap Base - 2 lb Tray
• 12 oz. Premium Ultra White MP Soap Base - 2 lb Tray
• 1.40 oz. Sweet Bourbon Cream Fragrance Oil 1214
• 0.70 oz. Vanilla Color Stabilizer - MP Soap
• 0.20 oz. Light Gold Shimmer Mica Soap Color Blocks
• 0.15 oz. NuTone Green Soap Color Blocks
• 0.15 oz. NuTone Purple Soap Color Blocks
Equipment From Home:
• (1) Microwave
• (4) Microwave-Safe Measuring Cup (16 oz.)
• (1) Soap Cutter & Cutting Mat
• (1) Scale - Digital Display
• (4) Spatulas
• (1) Rubbing Alcohol - 99%
• (1) Ruler
• (1) Dull Knife (optional)
• (1) Thermometer - Digital
• (1) Plastic Wrap
NOTE: If you are making these products for sale, good manufacturing practices recommend you wear a hairnet, gloves and a mask. We also recommend a clean apron, workspace and sanitized equipment.
- Place the Body Bar Cube silicone mold on a cookie sheet to give it stability.
- Using a plastic beaker, add 0.35 oz. fragrance oil and 0.17 oz. vanilla stabilizer. Mix and let sit for at least two minutes.
- To a microwave-safe measuring cup, add 12 oz. of cut up clear soap base. Add 0.20 oz. of Light Shimmer Gold color block. Heat in microwave until soap and color have melted.
- Stir in fragrance mixture, and pour soap into two cavities of the mold. Spritz the top with rubbing alcohol to dissolve any surface bubbles.
- To the same plastic beaker, add 0.35 oz. fragrance oil and 0.17 oz. vanilla stabilizer. Mix and let sit for at least two minutes.
- To a clean microwave-safe measuring cup, add 12 oz. of cut up clear soap base. Add 0.15 oz. of NuTone Purple color block. Heat in microwave until soap and color have melted.
- Stir in fragrance mixture, and pour soap into two cavities in the mold. Spritz the top with rubbing alcohol to dissolve any surface bubbles.
- Again, mix 0.35 oz.fragrance oil and 0.17 oz. vanilla stabilizer.
- Melt 12 oz. clear soap base along with 0.15 oz. NuTone Green color block. Stir in fragrance mixture and pour into final two soap cavities. Let all soap completely harden. Remove soaps and set aside.
- For last two soaps, mix 0.35 oz.fragrance oil and 0.17 oz. stabilizer.
- Melt 12 oz. white soap base. Add fragrance mixture and stir. Pour into two cavities in the mold.
- Once hardened, remove soaps and set aside with others.
- Using a ruler as a guide, with a dull knife or soap cutter, mark an "X" with a thin line between the four corners. These will be guidelines for cutting the soap into four pieces. Make an "X" on all eight soap blocks.
- Using a soap cutter or dull knife, cut the soap along the lines so each cube is cut into four pieces. Place pieces back into a cube shape and set aside.
- Switch around the colors so each cube has one of each of the four colors.
- In a microwave-safe container, melt 5.0 oz. of clear soap. Let soap cool down to around 135°F. Using 90% alcohol or higher, spritz the soap cube pieces well with alcohol. Spritz the inside of one mold cavity then pour about 1/4 inch of clear soap into the mold. Immediately, insert the four pieces, one at a time into the mold cavity. The tops of the cube pieces should be at the bottom so the soap looks smooth. Push pieces down well so they all fit snugly in the mold. Some of the clear, melted soap may push up and out the top. Simply smooth it out and spritz with alcohol. If there are any gaps between the pieces, spritz with alcohol and pour a small amount of clear soap over the top or into the gap if possible. Spritz again and let harden.
- Continue in this manner until all six mold cavities have been filled. Set aside and let harden.
- Remove soaps from mold and set aside.
- Remelt clear soap remaining from Step 16. Spritz cube pieces with alcohol. Pour a small amount of clear soap into the bottom of mold cavity then insert pieces snugly into the mold. When the final two cubes have been finished, set mold aside to harden.
- Once all cubes have been unmolded, carefully wrap each soap cube in plastic wrap.
- Label product accordingly.
To Use: Lather onto wet skin and rinse with warm water.
Ingredient Label: Sorbitol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Stearic Acid, Myristic Acid, Water, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Titanium Dioxide, Fluorphlogopite, Iron Oxide, Tin Dioxide, Chromium Oxide Green.